1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

05 escape ecm

Discussion in 'Electrical | Starting, Charging, Batteries & Lamps' started by Ken S., Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ken S.

Ken S. New Member

Can I use an ECM out of a 06 ford escape 2 wheel drive in my 05 ford escape all wheel drive. Not sure If they can program it still being that it was a 2wd
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Not likely. Well you could and the engine may not run correctly.

If the replacement is a used unit it is set up to run with that vehicle. And the calibrations are usually different. Model years typically use something different as well.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. Ken S.

Ken S. New Member

I understand what you are saying. 05 and 06 are same. Both had problems with the ECM. They made alot of engineering changes. I have doNE alot of research but haven't found anything about awd and fwd. Not sure if when I have it programmed (by the ford dealer) that it will work. I know it runs the transmission as well. Transfer case shouldn't have anything to do with ECM. Should it?
  4. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

The transfer case- not sure.
    The year yes
    The wheel speed sensors yes

You can see if it works and my opinion unless the calibration code is the same - no dice.

Why are you replacing the ECM?

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  5. Ken S.

Ken S. New Member

Bad Ecm. Misfire on a couple cylinders. Burnt a hole thru the mother board in ecm...