1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

1955 Fairlane Wiper Motor Assembly

Discussion in 'Air Intake, Engine Electronics, Ignition & Exhaust' started by Ian J., May 4, 2018.

1. Ian J.

Ian J. New Member

Alright, so I just got my restored vacuum wiper motor back. It's been months and I have no idea how to put it all back together in the car. Can anyone help with a diagram or photo instructions how to get it back together. I can even provide photos for you and you can just tell me what goes where. The shop manual is no help at all.
    1955 Ford Fairlane, vacuum wiper system.
  2. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

https://www.ctci.org/gilsgarage/WiperVacuum.php
  3. Ian J.

Ian J. New Member

Thanks, though I should've said I need instructions on how the hardware attaches to the main vacuum pump. I've got a spring, 2 screws, 2 retaining pins, and an attachment part that slots in above the control cable slot. I've got the control cable installed and the pump is mounted in position. I can find hundreds of photos but know for my model.
  4. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

I've searched and can't find any more info
    You may try calling that site I posted