1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

1976 ltd 2 door

Discussion in 'Ford Cars & Trucks for Sale' started by proverbs227, May 8, 2017.

1. proverbs227

proverbs227 New Member

Hey guys trying to find a home for this very clean car. There was an engine fire so the compartment is a little messy. There is no engine or tranny. There is also NO title. The derby guys want it, but this car has too many good parts on it for that. Im asking 800.00 located near Evansville Indiana 812-550-0674 0506171153-00.jpg
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

I am surprised any derby guys would want a car with no engine or transmission.

When I ran some cars through the DD, the price was nearly free and the vehicle was drivable. Not at speed and the DD doesn't need much speed depending on the type.

Most derby drivers would prefer a stripped vehicle. (Less things to be an issue) Why don't you finish removing the "good parts" and sell those. Then turn the car over to a DD buyer?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. proverbs227

proverbs227 New Member

they would prefer it without an engine. where i live guys put high dollar chevy engines in fords. This body here would sell for the 800 im asking in my area. Some bodies are near 2000 bucks. your typical car has about 10,000 bucks in it. Its insane!!!!
  4. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Wow, that must be different kind of derby. The kind I ran in the county fair, it was a single use vehicle. Except may be the winner. All other cars were crashed for the most part beyond use.

Good luck in selling. Some one is going to have to live pretty close (so they can tow it) to you to pick up a non-running vehicle. There are a couple of guys that come around from time to time that have a LTD of that vintage. However I think they are at some distance and may be too far a distance.

>>>>>>>>>>>Action