1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

1993 ford explore brake issues

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mike Mason, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Mike Mason

Mike Mason New Member

I have a 1993 ford explorer 4wd, 4 wheel ABS. I had a rear brake line burst the other day. I limped home with very little brakes. The master cylinder was completely drained. I have repaired the brake lines. Replaced both wheel cylinders, and the master cylinder. I can't seem to get any braking power. The pedal is soft even though I have good pressure and flow at the breeders am I missing something. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

http://www.fordforumsonline.com/threads/brake-bleeding-help.26/
  3. rustfarmer

rustfarmer Member

Once air has entered the ABS system it can be difficult to bleed it out and may require special procedures. You need the exact procedure for your model I think.
    rosario1991 likes this.
  4. rosario1991

rosario1991 Member

Agree with you OP here. This might be the problem.
  5. Bob McKay

Bob McKay New Member

The older model "Exploders". My brother had one of the 1997 models and it basically fell apart at 125k miles. He couldn't even get the door to open by the time it was done. He had to go in through the window Dukes of Hazard style.