1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

2006 Ford 500..

Discussion in 'Air Intake, Engine Electronics, Ignition & Exhaust' started by John2006, Jan 16, 2018.

1. John2006

John2006 New Member

Have another question for you guys, on the same car model, ect....

Ok, after the tech did the complete tune up on this car, and he also told me about the middle plug on the front side of the engine had a little water in the cylinder where the plug was, he told me if I have this same problem with the car again in 6 months, I may want to get rid of it....

Ok, my brother n law was telling my wife about some stuff he used in the past, suppose to add it to the radiator to help repair the cracked head gasket, well he bought some of this stuff and drained out some of the antifreeze the other day and added it.....forget the name of this stuff but it is a slimmy gray color stuff, well he added it and somehow think it has caused other issues, the car don't put any heat out now, and checked the engine oil yesterday and it looks to have a red color to it......car just rolled over to 230000 and something.....car starts and runs fine tho....
  2. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

If the sealer works it would only be temporary
    Water inside a cylinder is never good
    I would have that cylinder looked at it could be a cracked head
    John2006 likes this.
  3. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Likely the coolant is leaking into the cylinder and crankcase.

Monitor the oil level and see if it is moving up the dip stick, indicating more coolant in the crankcase.

If it is a head gasket, replacing it now would save further damage in the future.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  4. John2006

John2006 New Member

Hello guys, have another update on our car....its has 230,450 miles on it ...

There wasn't anything in the engine oil, it is just dirty and black needs changed....no signs of a blown head gasket we can detect, but will have this checked out soon as we can...

The 1st shop we took it too, did give it a much needed tuneup, and changed the gas filter, car ran great after this was done, but still has the Code P2106 Throttle Actuator coming up on it....

Took the car to a different mechanic this morning, for not putting out any heat, they called back today and told the wife the heater core was stopped up with the silver color slime we used to try and fix the cracked head gasket we was told it had, from the 1st shop who did the tuneup...they say to replace the heater core cost would be $650.00 bucks, which I'm not going to do this, should start to warm up here soon.......they are also going to clean the throttle body tomorrow, that is the only code that was still coming up 1st time I checked it, but will check it again after this is all done and see if it fixes it all...

I'll decide this summer what to do about not putting out any heat, for next year, just going to be a work car, it does run good, after the tuneup checked the fuel mileage gets about 23 mph gal...cost for the tuneup was $175.00 bucks I think, they had there hands full doing this to this engine, just glad it was done, lol....
  5. Action

You might drain an refill the cooling system when it is mild weather. This is something you can do.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
    John2006 likes this.
  6. John2006

John2006 New Member

Good morning everyone,got a tune up done on this car, and last week had the throttle body cleaned, and car starts and runs really well now.....

Car does seem to put out a little heat on the low setting, this is what the wife says, but anyways, not sure what to do for heat in the car, has warmed up some since we had all this work done to it, it will be a daily driver for time been.....seems to me like the car runs too well to have a cracked head gasket or something like this, if my car has a problem like this, would it still run this well ?

Not sure what we will do about the heater, decide on this in the fall, if it is still up and running.....

What type of engine oil you all use in your car with lot of miles on them ?........I still use 5w-30w Penzoil in this car...
  7. Dominick 1

If you are not using oil
    stay with what you have
  8. Action

Heat ... is the heat coming from the HVAC duct work? From the vents?

Or is it coming from holes in the cowl between the engine and passenger compartment?

Oil weight ... I use what is listed in the owner's manual.
    Also I make sure the oil meets the service level specified.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
    John2006 likes this.
  9. John2006

John2006 New Member

Good morning, I'm using 5w 30w Penzoil in my car, have used this oil in several of these vehicles over the years the books calls for 5w 30w oil....

The heater, we run the heater set on 2, and results we have some heat coming out the vents, would this indicate the core still stopped up somewhat ?....

Since the tune up and getting the throttle body cleaned out the car runs great, gets roughly 23 miles to the gal...
  10. Action

Please clarify, "heater set on2"?
    2 fan speed?
    2 temp setting?

How does the system perform with the temp setting full hot, fan speed on a medium setting (not hi and not lo) with the air directed on the floor?

>>>>>>>>>>Action
    John2006 likes this.
  11. Dominick 1

Take a look at your glove compartment and see if an object has fallen behind it blocking the air flow
    John2006 likes this.
  12. John2006

John2006 New Member

Ohh ok, sorry, yes it is set on fan blows on 2, and heat comes out at the top vents....

On fan settings, 3 and 4 it blows cold air ....will try and see what it does on the floor..

Shes gone now, will check and see if anything at the bottom is blocking the air flow...
  13. Action

Heat coming out of top vents (defroster) would indicate the system has lost the vacuum signal. No vacuum and the system defaults to defrost.

In addition the blend air door may require some vacuum signal. And the inline heater hose valve definitely uses vacuum to send hot water into the heater core.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action