1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

2009 Ford Focus Fuse Help

Discussion in 'Ford Focus' started by Aaron Metthe, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Aaron Metthe

Aaron Metthe New Member

Hey there,
    My auto mechanic removed all fuses related to my radio (My aftermarket radio was not shutting down correctly, draining the battery). I want to know which fuses they took out; I am particularly interested in the accessory power fuse (the red wire). The yellow one (constant) is powered via #38 Fuse, and the radio IS grounded correctly.

Thank you for your help!

Aaron
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Welcome to the FFO!

You said, "I want to know which fuses they took out;"

It would be difficult for anyone reading this to know what some one else did. I would suggest asking your auto mechanic that question as the answer will likely be far more accurate than what we would guess at.

>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. Aaron Metthe

Aaron Metthe New Member

Thanks. Glad to be here. I guess what I was trying to get at was what set of fuses run the radio components. I checked my fuse diagram, and it shows #38 as Radio, and then another 28 as Radio (start). I replaced them both, still no luck. Wondering if there was one more I was missing.
    I have a hunch that my auto mechanic will want to charge to "diagnose" again, and am looking to avoid that if possible.
    I will as a last resort though, for sure.
  4. 91xltlariat

91xltlariat Active Member

Manual shows fuse #39, 20amp,
    Radio/Cid/efp