1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

2011 Explorer

Discussion in 'Concept Fords, Future Fords & Rumors' started by megascape, Apr 12, 2010.

1. megascape

megascape New Member

So with the 11 on a uniframe and the sport-trac not an option at this point why oh why doesn't Ford bring back something like the BII? My understanding is that only the Ranger and full size trucks will have 4X4 w/4LO?
    I think they will regret it in the long run. i know the majority of people who drive the Explorer and Escapes don't actually off-road, but I think the option was a big selling point.
    However, I would imagine they did tons of research and found that I'm wrong but still make an SUV with 4X4 on a full frame :nono::)
  2. Boghog

Boghog Well-Known Member Respected Member

Put a lift kit in a Sport Trac and it will perform like a BII.The 4.0L is plenty powerful enough and the 4x4 lo range is plenty low enough.

Attached Files:

3. DavidPJ

DavidPJ Member

I'm looking forward to checking out the 2011 Explorer. I think it looks pretty good, and I'm glad Ford switched to a uniframe. I may consider trading in my Escape for one.

Here's more info on the recently announced 2011 Explorer:
    Video of the 2011 Ford Explorer in action
  4. MachI69

MachI69 New Member

I'm looking forward to the 2011 Ford Explorer too. I'm just wondering what would be the best engine for the vehicle: the ecoboost I-4 or the Duratec 3.5L V6
  5. Ashzo77

Ashzo77 Member

the 5.0L V8 that's what the last good ones had in them
  6. MachI69

MachI69 New Member

Yeah that's true, but unfortunately they won't be offering the 5.0 L V8.