1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

2012 Ford Fusion transmission refill capacity

Discussion in 'Engine, Transmission/Axle & Driveline/Axle' started by Muhammad Amjad, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Muhammad Amjad

Muhammad Amjad New Member

Hi
    I want to know the complete procedure to drain and fill 6F35 transmission on my Ford Fusion 2012 SE. What is the drain and fill capacity. I ended up dropping the drain plug and spilled some fluid out of drain pan so i don't know exactly how much to put in back. Need help!
  2. pkevins

pkevins Active Member Respected Member

Hello and welcome. I would suggest creating your own thread in the appropriate forum; folks may not click this link since it had a different topic and follow-on content.

Anyway,as you probably discovered, your owner's manual has the DRY fill capacities; there are two different transmissions with different amounts listed. If it were me, I'd start with the amount that's in the pan, assuming it's most of what your drained, then use your dipstick to bring it to capacity, per the instructions at about pages 320-323 in the manual.

Others smarter than I am will likely chime in, tho' perhaps more quickly if you care to start a new thread in the relevant section, JMO.

Kevin
    Action likes this.
  3. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

If you have 50,000 miles or more I would recommend changing all of the fluid that you can and replace the filter.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action