1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

2013 Edge Power windows not working.

Discussion in 'Ford Edge' started by 4x4farmer, Dec 15, 2016.

1. 4x4farmer

4x4farmer New Member

I have a 2013 Ford Edge that I have owned since new. It has 36,000 miles on it. About 6 months ago the power windows stopped working in it. I never had a chance to look into it so I just lived with it for the time being. Now the other day the passenger side window controls will work for that window. None of the other ones will work including trying to roll down the passenger window from the drivers side control. Anyone have any ideas on this. I originally thought maybe a fuse but now that the one is working I'm not so sure.
  2. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

If possible you may try taking the door switch apart and cleaning the contacts
    My best guess
  3. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

+1 ^^^
    The drivers side master switch does control power to all of the other windows. Usually there is a lock out button in the master switch.

YOu could have debris in one or all switches.

>>>>>>>>>>Action
  4. 4x4farmer

4x4farmer New Member

Thanks for the info. I will go and take that apart right now and see what I find.
  5. Thor

Thor New Member

4x4farmer,

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with your power windows? I have the EXACT same problem. The only window that works is the passenger front and that can only be controlled at that door. The driver's door master switch will not work for any of the windows.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,

Thor
  6. 4x4farmer

4x4farmer New Member

I ended up taking it to my dealer last week and they had to take the whole door apart and the fuse panel under the dash and finally found it was a bad pin in the main door harness where it came through the door hinge area and plugged into the back of the fuse panel. I can not belive that they had to replace the whole harness into the door and couldn't fix the pin. It was 587.00 to have them fix it. I was not very happy.
  7. Thor

Thor New Member

Well, that is definitely not good news. I spent some time looking at the master window switch on the driver's door with mixed results. I looked online and can get a new switch for about $75 but I don't want to just throw parts at it.

Based on your response I might take a look at the harness as it passes from the door to the cabin to see if there is any damage at the hinge point. Thank you for getting back to me. I'll post back once I've found a solution.
  8. Jeff_A

Jeff_A New Member

Hello, just wanted to follow up on this issue that a couple of you guys had. My 2013 Ford Edge Limited had the exact same issue as you guys described. I posted some pictures / fix for the issue in a different forum -

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23134-driver-side-power-window-switch-2013-ford-edge-limited/

Just wanted provide people with a possible fix for the above issue.
  9. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Thanks for posting!!!!! And welcome to the FFO!

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action