1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

3x2 FE

Discussion in 'Ford Performance' started by dieseldr63, Oct 27, 2013.

1. dieseldr63

dieseldr63 Member

OK- so I went off the deep end, got my 428CJ all together, and looked it all over and decided "it needs something else". Friday night I found an ad for a 3x2 setup complete for Ford FE. Price was fair, and I had the cash, so it's mine now. My request, is for some basic recommendations I might use for tuning this thing in and setting it up for "ease of operation" and most benefit. Going in a 66 comet 2 dr HT with a 4 speed. Also got a Mallory dual point mechanical adv dizzy with it. Yup- I'm sure it'll have quite an appetite.
  2. jdmeaux

jdmeaux Active Member

Most of the 3X2s I've worked with use the Center as the primary, and the outer 2 as Secondaries. Once you get the Center set up for lower speeds and idling, it just a matter of adjusting the Secondaries to come in when you want them to. There is a YouTube video on making those adjustments.
    Poppy likes this.
  3. dieseldr63

dieseldr63 Member

That's what I was counting on. Fiddle with the linkage to bring on the end carbs after half on the center carb. Prolly be swapping out the mallory for duraspark components.