1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

4X4 Ford

Discussion in 'Concept Fords, Future Fords & Rumors' started by megascape, May 14, 2010.

?

Would a Ford 4X4 with a solid frame, 2 speed T-case and old school locking hubs simil

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. NO

16.7%
  1. megascape

megascape New Member

Would a Ford 4X4 with a solid frame, 2 speed T-case and old school locking hubs similar to the Escape/Bronco II/1st gen Explorer sell to the general public.

I'm poll impaired...................
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Jonzo77

Jonzo77 Well-Known Member

why not? they did their jobs just fine...
  3. bertha66

bertha66 New Member

I don't so, old school looks are big right now, but not without the comforts of a newer truck.
  4. Boghog

Boghog Well-Known Member Respected Member

IMO driving a CUV is like driving an old Audi Quartro wagon.Yeah you have 4 wheel drive and can fit the whole family inside but it's still a piece of crap.What will happen to all the off-roading sports? I don't think ford will ever do it.And with the price of gas coming down people will go back and buy them again.Bring back the Excursion 10 cyl beastwith a set of 44's and i'll drive over your little Honda Fit.:ciappa:
  5. ghostriderr6

ghostriderr6 Member

YES!!! As you can see by the Avatar I agree with BogHog the smaller 4x4 might have their uses for some people but what else can I fit the whole fam damily in while watching a movie and towing my 11,000# trailer to the dunes and when I get there, air down and pull all the stuck vehicles out around me. FORD, IF YOU'RE READING, BRING BACK THE EXCURSION.
  6. ghostriderr6

ghostriderr6 Member

Bump so I could subscribe
  7. megascape

megascape New Member

Yeah, I just don't get it. The Bronco ?????Why is it gone?
    Now did i misread an article that stated FORD will be selling an OFF-Road version of the Raptor that is not legal to drive on the HWY? For the price of the Raptor they can bring back the highest quality interior Bronco/Excursion with a very high quality suspension and some exterior add-ons.