1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

508,000 miles! original engine and transmission

Discussion in 'Ford Cars | Retired Models' started by Bass Player, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Bass Player

Bass Player Member

Saying goodbye to my 1994 Econoline 250. She has 508,000 miles on original engine and original transmission. She fought the good fight. And had a wonderfullife, but a blown head gasket and driving the last mile with the tranny stuck in first gear was more than she could bear..... She will continue to live on as a source for younger vans for parts at the local u-pull-it lot...... Fairwell...
    nomind and jmack5055 like this.
  2. dieseldr63

dieseldr63 Member

All good things must come to an end- some sooner, some later. Sounds like you got all you could out of 'er. Says something about the care it must have received.
  3. Terry52

Terry52 New Member

I have a 1991 F150 Custom with only 143906 miles, I'm the original owner and 62 years old, I do believe it will still be here after another another 20 years when I'm gone to greener pastures.
  4. nomind

nomind Member

No matter what vehicle, it takes a lot of mechanical ability and a lot of careful driving to get over the half million - my congratulations !