1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

63 clock

Discussion in 'Ford Falcon' started by Dale S, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Dale S

Dale S New Member

I am looking for a template for mounting a factory clock in a 63 Falcon sprint?
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Welcome to the FFO!

Did Falcon have a clock installed in the instrument cluster for 1963?

I thought the only option for that year was a clock mounted to the top of the metal dash.

>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. Dale S

Dale S New Member

36747560177b66b05ba893019a68f55a.jpg here is a picture it is a in dash mount clock, before I start cutting a hole in the dash I hope to find a copy of a template for intallation
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2017
  4. Action

Do you have the clock?

>>>>>>>>>>Action
  5. ms fowler

ms fowler Member

That is a great looking clock!!
    Your request drove me to my stash of sales literature. I have never seen an in-dash clock in a Falcon. My '63 Ford Buyer's guide has not a single picture of an in-dash clock in a Falcon, nor is one listed as a option. That doesn't mean it could not have been a dealer-installed option. If I had that clock, I would not hesitate to add it just where your pictures shows. It looks pretty simple.
  6. Dale S

Dale S New Member

I do have the clock, and I have seen them in different Falcons. My concern is with the curvature of the dash and the trim ring of the clock being curved to match if it is not placed in the dash properly it wont sit well and once the hole is cut I'm committed to that location
  7. Action

I am not as versed with the compact car line as well as I know full sized models. I don't think a clock was an option for Falcon other than dealer installed. If it was a factory option it would be listed in the sale brochure. (sometimes with out a picture) Dealer installed models would have been mounted on the top of the dash. There are a bunch of those shown on the net.

If you have the clock, I take it there are no instructions otherwise you would not have posted this. Perhaps the picture you found is custom installation of an owner or some shop.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  8. ms fowler

ms fowler Member

How about this...
    Measure the thickness of the bezel at a number of places around the clock face. Then take a flat disc the same size as the clock face. Hold it in position where you think the clock goes, and measure the distance from the back side of the flat disc to the face of the dash. This should give you some idea of whether it will fit in the location you chose, or not.
    I really cannot imagine that the location is that critical. After all, there were dealer options installed as quickly as possible to get the car out of the shop and onto the "sold" line.