1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

67 heater core

Discussion in 'Ford Ranchero' started by Saff67, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Saff67

Saff67 New Member

afternoon all,looking to replace the heater core/blower in my 67 ranchero,I’m mechanically inclined but a little apprehensive doing it,is it something an average guy can tackle?,I just got the shop manual but find it a little vague,thanks in advance!
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

It is different for AC systems and non-AC systems. The shop manual isn't as good back then as they are now.

Nothing is really beyond the skill set for hobby car guys as far as repairs if you have the tools. And for a heater core you don't really need any special tools. And it may get messy with coolant.

The easier ones to remove will come out the engine side. Some come out the passenger side and are a bit more complex. Just follow the directions in the shop manual.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. Saff67

Saff67 New Member

Hey action,mine does have factory air,the heater core was capped when I bought it,blower motor doesn’t work,I imagine it’s ceased up,I re-did the instrument cluster a while back and the defroster vent and flex hoses are beat bad,I’m bringing the defroster vent to a sheet metal shop to see if they can fabricate a new one,I’m hoping to get it all working for the spring,fingers crossed!
  4. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Awesome. Post pictures if you have the chance.

And I am pretty sure you have the skill needed to extract the heater core. More difficult with a AC system. Just take it slow and you will get it done.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action