1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Aftermarket Throttle-body fuel injection systems any good?

Discussion in 'Ford Performance' started by connoisseur, Mar 10, 2016.

1. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

Hello; wondering if anyone has any experience with the reliability/performance of these systems from companies such as Holley, MSD, Edelbrock, Fast, etc. They cost around $2,000-$2,200 or so, not counting a few other things needed, such as an electric fuel pump. They recommend the Phantom Aeromotive System, PN 18688 for $549.97 from Summitracing.com, which includes the fuel pump. Thinking of adding it to a mildly-built 460.
    Thanks
  2. rosario1991

rosario1991 Member

Don't have better idea with the above you shared. But glad to hear that you're going to add 460.
  3. 70XL

70XL Active Member

I think they all can be had in complete kits that include the fuel pump. They seem to work well on all the TV shows and a lot of custom car builders seem to use them, so I'd think the tech is pretty well proven at this point. I would consider a system for my car if it didn't need suspension, body and paint work. FWIW.
  4. Russ JD

Russ JD Member

5. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

I have not seen any aftermarket multi-port fuel injection offered, at least not for a 460.
  6. Russ JD

Russ JD Member

7. Russ JD

Russ JD Member