Ford Automobiles banner

Another question....

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  kbuhagiar 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the factory screws were for the sun visor attachment bracket? I have a CD on the way, that is supposed to list all part numbers, so I shouldn`t have to bug you guys much with, these type of questions. I will see if I can attach a photo of what I will be working on, in the near future. Too cold out right now.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Sedan

See less See more
#2 ·
Most of the sunvisor screws were a chromed pan head sheet screw (of an unknow dimension well may be 3/4" long) with a phillips head.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

#3 ·
Thank you. I have plenty of screws around here. Was hoping the guy threw them in the trunk or back seat but everything is MIA......I can`t see paying 2 bucks for 6 screws and a 9.95 shipping charge. Wonder is an old Hasting`s manual would have the size listed? My library has a bunch of those. Thank you Action, I figured they couldn`t be much more than 3/4 in length, possibly 3/16 or so wide. That parts CD can`t get here fast enough....

#7 ·
I can`t see paying 2 bucks for 6 screws and a 9.95 shipping charge.
Hello nycestlrr,

Don't know about your location, but around here all of our local big box hardware stores (Orchard, Lowes, HomeDepot) all stock a passable assortment of both pan head and oval head S/S fasteners in small quantities at very reasonable prices. I've found these S/S fasteners, when polished up, to be perfectly adequate replacements for the factory chrome items in my old cars.

Good luck!

Reactions: Action
#4 ·
I doubt that your parts manual will list them. The section on interior trim identifies the "visor, arm and bracket -padded" , or visor, arm and bracket--unpadded",(base part number *04105/5) but doesn't call out the attaching hardware. This is unusual, because, in most cases the attaching hardware is identified in the same catalog section as the parts they attach. I thought that there was a "hardware" section that calls out the size and finish of every fastener used, but I can't find it now.

#5 ·
The Master Parts cat will ID the fasteners.
For L/M Master Parts Cat the screw is a 8-15 x 5/8". I would think Ford would be the same.

>>>>>>>>>>>Action

#6 ·
I think I will just take one of the arms with me and see what I can match up at the local hardware store. At least I don`t have to go to the big box store to search. In the next town over, the hardware store is well over 100 years old and if those guys in there can`t figure it out........

#8 ·
Oh yeah, we have the Menards, Lowes, home depot. It is just easier to drive over to the local hardware as they are closer. Plus the good old creaking wood floors and a bag of popcorn. You can`t beat it! I am still in the process of making a list of "known" needs. It will grow much longer as time passes.

#9 ·
Ken, his location may be Ohio if the license plate can be used.

Some times having the location in your profile can help us to help you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.