1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Best way to handle minor paint chipping

Discussion in 'Exterior, Paint, Cleaning & Detail' started by Bob McKay, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Bob McKay

Bob McKay New Member

Hello

I have some very minor chipping on the top of my Ford Escape and I'm wondering if anyone has a inexpensive quick fix before I take it in and it costs me an arm and a leg. I've heard certain car companies make paint pens for quick touchups but I haven't seen any from Ford.

Thanks
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Paint pens are readily available from a variety of sources. A Ford Lincoln Dealership would be one. Many on line sources as well. Here is just one.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-mo...m_term=1101201852180&utm_content=All Products

You would need to know the paint code on the warranty sticker. Usually on the driver's door jamb.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. pkevins

pkevins Active Member

+1 to above; if you don't want to haunt a Ford parts counter, I've been very satisifed with the products sold by Automotive Touchup for my older cars.

Kevin