1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Bronco coming back?

Discussion in 'Concept Fords, Future Fords & Rumors' started by Dan Edwards, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Dan Edwards

Dan Edwards New Member

I was looking around for a thread about the Bronco coming back but haven't found any yet..does anyone know what year it's coming back? I hard 2020 but not sure if it was confirmed. My dad had one when I was younger and I've always wanted one since, hoping it doesn't cost a fortune though haha
  2. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

http://www.opptrends.com/2016/10/2018-ford-bronco-coming-official/
    Dan Edwards likes this.
  3. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31019/ford-bronco-ranger-confirmed-uaw-trump/

As officials from Ford and the UAW continue to hammer out the details of their latest labor contract, a few details regarding future Ford products have begun to bubble to the surface. As we’ve previously reported, Ford will move production of the Focus and C-Max from its Michigan Assembly Plant in 2018, leaving a hole that, according to both the Detroit Free Press and Automotive News, will be filled with production of a couple of familiar nameplates: Bronco and Ranger.

Although Ford pulled the plug on the domestic Ranger back in 2011 after nearly 30 years of production, a modernized Ranger continues to sell overseas in markets where small pickups are preferred. Ford has long maintained that the current Global Ranger is too close in dimensions to its full-size F-series trucks to make a business case for its return, but two recent developments could cause Ford to revisit the decision. First, the new GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado mid-size trucks have been a runaway success, with GM officials telling C/D that demand has surpassed their estimates. Second, the new, aluminum-bodied F-150 is a very modern vehicle, and while its success is undeniable, there are likely plenty of buyers–think fleets and service industries–whose needs could be easily met with a slightly smaller and (presumably) less expensive vehicle like the Ranger.[29]

It is speculated that "The Bronco will share a new body-on-frame (BOF), rear-wheel/four-wheel drive architecture with the upcoming Ranger. Both Ranger and Bronco will feature an independent front suspension and solid rear axle. The new platform will benefit from the weight-saving expertise Ford gained over the past seven years developing the F-150, and subsequently the Super Duty. It will be relatively light weight and due to the payload and towing requirements of its platform mate, the Bronco will be mildly over-built versus what it would have independently required. Ford more than likely will resurrect the Bronco to go head-to-head with Wrangler and likely will follow the same BOF, removable top, off-road oriented formula as the Wrangler. And much like the original Bronco, this one will sidestep Wrangler by offering a mildly more livable, refined product, at the expense of off-road capability at the limits. The relative desirability of each product will be a question of individual taste and priorities."[30]

According to several media outlets on September 30, 2016, while Speaking to the Detroit News about presidential candidate Donald Trump's continued criticism of the automaker’s plan, Bill Johnson, the UAW plant chairman for the factory that is at the center of the switch, revealed to the newspaper that “Trump needs to get his facts straight,” and said, “We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco coming to Michigan Assembly that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does,”[31]

>>>>>>>>>>Action
    Dan Edwards likes this.
  4. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member Respected Member

The image they have is too retro.
    awww.opptrends.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_10_2018_Ford_Bronco_830x450.jpg

I like the 2004 style much more
    amedia.caranddriver.com_images_media_51_2004_ford_bronco_concead54dffb288c6fd03f7999bfc963c76e.jpg

Both need integral roof racks. and it would be cool if they had above the hood air intakes. Short snorkels like the hummers do.
  5. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

Hi Poppy
    Good to hear from you:)
  6. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Cool as an option. I prefer the look with out the snorkel.

>>>>>>>>>>Action