1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Christmas tree

Discussion in 'Ford Freestar' started by Christian Poulin, Nov 11, 2017 at 2:23 PM.

1. Christian Poulin

Christian Poulin New Member

My Freestar is really à great mini van. But something weird happened just now. After driving 30 minutes, thé radio and heat shut off. I tried turning on thé radio and it says "low battery" but the sensor did not turn on. And honestly, I did not feel any loss of power. Then thé break and low oil lights came on and I started hearing a "click-click'click" somewhere in the dash. Once in at thé mechanic, everything went back to normal.
    Oil and breaks are fine.
    Any idea?
    One more thing, we had our first cold, below freezing point. Someone said this might be the cause.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017 at 3:07 PM
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Not sure what year and mileage would be nice in making suggestions. And completing your profile with location (city/state) helps understand the environment your are operating in.

Newer engine controls have the ability to shut down systems in the vehicle if there are issues. Those issues could be a charging system failure, a cooling system failure or over heat, or low engine oil or pressure or some other issue that might be deemed an engine operating concern.

>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. Christian Poulin

4. Christian Poulin

Year 2004
    Mileage, 110000
    Montréal, Canada
    Now it has stalled. Looks like dead battery
  5. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Dead battery would make sense.