1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Cleaner wax

Discussion in 'Exterior, Paint, Cleaning & Detail' started by Action, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

What do you use for cleaner wax?

And why?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  2. pkevins

pkevins Active Member

Depends on the condition of the paint..

On the CR-V we bought two years ago to replace the Windstar, garden variety NU-Finish is just fine. Easy on, easy off, and protection seems great (no garage room for it). The easier to use, the more likely I'll keep up the regime. I've also had success with their product to remove (smooth out?) minor scratches on that ride.

The first time I put my Mustang's finish into good shape, I invested in several of Zaino's products after a respected body guy on a Mustang forum wrote highly of it; started with their clay bar etc etc. Came out great and the protection lasted maybe a year, but it lost its place in the garage and the time I had to take care of it disappeared. Realistically I need to start over with a clay bar and go from there.

My dad's always been better at keeping paint protected; when he gave me the big Ford in my sig and avatar, he had come to the same conclusion as I had and I've kept it pretty well proteced with Nu-Finish over the past six years imho. It has the advantage of covered garage storage so it's subjected to very little abuse in sunny California.
    Kevin
    Action likes this.