1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Crazy idea

Discussion in 'Ford Performance' started by Zephyrman, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Zephyrman

Zephyrman Active Member

So, in addition to my new to me Bronco, my wife is wanting a new car. Which leads me to my crazy idea. I still have my 06 F150 with the cam phaser problem. My idea is this. Strip out the entire drivetrain and replace it with this; a 393w, AOD trans, NP205 Transfer case and dynatrac pro 60 axles. I know it'll be a buttload of work but the giggle factor and the fact no one I know of has tried this with this generation of truck would be worth it. Opinions?
  2. Canuck623

Canuck623 Well-Known Member Respected Member

The phrase "more money than......" comes immediately to mind. Would be cheaper to just sign a check and tell the wife to have a nice day car shopping.
    jdmeaux likes this.
  3. Zephyrman

Zephyrman Active Member

Oh, she's gonna get a car, the Bronco would then become a summer cruiser/resto project and the F150 would be my mud toy/driver
  4. Canuck623

I think you would have some issues with emissions compliance. Your truck would no longer meet the federal laws in place at the date of manufacture.
    Dominick likes this.
  5. Zephyrman

Zephyrman Active Member

The beauty of living in Alberta is that no one cares, I just wouldn't ever be able to sell it to someone in BC or Ontario. Not that I'd ever sell it anyway if I built it, it'd be too much fun!
  6. Canuck623

Well then have at er!! I didn't know you were a canuck too. I have some outlaws living in Calgary. They use to be in-laws but I got the divorce. :confused:
    jdmeaux likes this.
  7. jdmeaux

jdmeaux Active Member

Have at it. It will be your toy.