1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Custom sheet metal door?

Discussion in 'Exterior, Paint, Cleaning & Detail' started by Smit01, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Smit01

Smit01 New Member

Hey guys! I would like to know if anyone has tried a custom designed door for your ford. I am thinking if I should try to add a little customization to my f-150 by replacing doors with custom made ones. I tried contacting a custom sheet metal fabrication company nearby for ideas, but they don't provide automotive services - my bad. So if I am going through this plan, what should I keep in mind to ensure nothing goes wrong in future. Any ideas or suggestions regarding this? I hope someone could help me.
  2. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

Welcome to the Forum
    The only thing I can think of is to locate a custom body shop in your area.
  3. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Welcome to the FFO!

To echo the above, there are a number of custom shops in most major cities. (You didn't list your location in your profile so that as far as I can go for you)
    In Phoenix there is custom bike shop that would do almost anything if you wanted. Only limits would be your imagination and bank account.

Hot rod shops and the like would be a good source.

>>>>>>>>>>>Action