1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

E150 differences 97-02 and 03-07?

Discussion in 'Ford Vans' started by Nick Belancin, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Nick Belancin

Nick Belancin New Member

I purchased a 97 e150 but do not like that it does not have windows in any of the doors.

I found an 06 cheap that has a lot of drivetrain issues that has the doors I am looking for.

Will a fender from an 06 fit a 97?
    The doghouse on the donor 06 looks a lot better than the one currently on my driver. I would probably swap all doors and doghouse.
    How about the drivers door?
    Bumpers?

Side by side they look pretty darn close
    But before I tear everything apart I wanted to get some opinions.

The googling I did came up with mixed results.
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Welcome to the FFO!

The fourth gen Econoline was built from 1992 to 2014 in the US. Front fenders and bumpers should be interchangeable for those years as the body didn't change. For the bumper there may be differences in the finish. (Chromed, matte, or??)

For the doghouse I would assume all gas engine vans would be the same. It is possible diesel may be different. And maybe not. Part numbers may be different due to finish or clamps or the top tray. However the opening is going to be the same.

This is based on my experience of the 3rd gen from 1975 to 1991. Fenders and dog house were the same for that generation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. Nick Belancin

Nick Belancin New Member

I am seeing that the bumpers are interchangeable part numbers from 97-07. The internet is telling me that the rear doors are the same but there are some spots where it is listed that the side doors are interchangeable some are saying it is not - or they were not given the information that they will work.

Fenders look the same but they do not carry the same part numbers from what I can tell.

Thanks for the response.
  4. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Part number will change for a part like a fender because of trim or small cosmetic changes. If the trim requires a hole or a stud the part number for a fender will be different for one that does not have that hole.

Front doors and rear doors will be the same. Side doors not so much as I believe there were several styles of side doors. AND the interior of a side door could have different trim making the inner frame different.
    Little changes like power door locks or non-power door lock may warrant a different part number.

If you want to know for sure invest either in a Mitchell Interchange manual. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITCHELL-IN...ash=item465bfd2753:g:t1gAAOSwImRYcUpu&vxp=mtr

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  5. Alcatraz

Alcatraz New Member

Part numbers are always changed( by federal law) even if they will interchange thats including fenders.
    To put a newer complete front end on a older van the only thing that is different is the radiator core support,
    you would require the newer radiator core support
  6. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

On the part number change
    Start with the oldest number first and Ford will supercede it to the newest number