1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Escape MPG

Discussion in 'Ford Performance' started by mcmar, Jul 20, 2013.

1. mcmar

mcmar New Member

Bought a 02 Escape XLT last year. I am only getting 15-16 MPG. I replaced the fuel filter, air filter and pulled normal maintenance. What is the published MPG for the vehicle? And any suggestions to help increase my MPG? Thanks.
  2. Eze

Eze New Member

published MPG, it should says from your manual.
  3. jdmeaux

jdmeaux Active Member

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/S...2&make=Ford&model=Escape&trimid=94608#trimsel According to EPA (that famous government department that has killed millions of jobs in the US) 19-24 mpg. But since then, they redid the mileage control programs to get more realistic mileage (about 20% lower than previous years).

Mileage on a vehicle can change from season to season, and driver to driver. Put on aftermarket wheels and tires, and you can get lower mileage. Change tires from ZR-rated sticky summer performance tires to touring tires, and have the mileage increase. Increase tire pressure from 32 PSI as recommended by the manufacturer and to up to 36 PSI, and have mileage increases. Load up the trunk with a couple of tool boxes full of tools, and see mileage go down. Spend 80& of your time in city traffic, and see mileage go down.