1. Ford Logo

Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Explorer sport trac Radio wont shut dow after opening door or key!? Please an answer?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Lighting' started by Sport trac, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Sport trac

Sport trac New Member

My truck is a ford explorer, 05 sport trac 4.0 L, with 59 miles. The problem is that the radio wont shut down after removing the key and opening the door, also ,all the windows wont roll down. All the fuses are fine, i resently had the 2 front doors replaced. and if i take it to a shop , how much would the charge me? (10s, 100s, ?)
  2. phantom

phantom Moderator Staff Member

Does the lamps come on and go off when the doors are opened and closed ? I would guess 1 hour labor per door if the door panels since have to be removed and maybe the latch .Here it would be 90.00
  3. Pecos Slick

Pecos Slick Active Member

Save that money, just pull the fuse.
  4. Canuck623

Canuck623 Well-Known Member Respected Member

If you recently had the doors replaced I would go back to where they did that first. The radio not shutting off is the accessory delay relay not working or not getting the door open signal. Sounds like the latch switches are not sending a signal. For them both to be bad at the same time with the same problem is pretty rare though. I would think something was messed up when the doors where done. The windows should also go up and down untill the delay relay is triggered but it sounds like they do not work at all? Again I would blame the door installation for the problems.
    Pull the fuse? That will work if you are a back yard B. It's an 05 take it back and make them fix it right.
  5. oldtimer35

oldtimer35 New Member

Check for a bad battery saver relay in the fuse box.
  6. Sport trac

Sport trac New Member

No the lamps wont go on or off when i open/close the doors, am guessing is a switch in the doors that wasnt placed back correctly , just like one of u guys said. I am taking it back to where i had the doors replaced, i just wanted to know if there was a quick fix that would have saved me and those dumb fags some truble/time. Thanx to all of u. Helped a lot.