1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

f650 ford inquirey

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jim s, Dec 13, 2013.

1. jim s

jim s New Member

looking at buying a ford 2006 f650 cab and chassis for my company and wanting some feedback about the truck which has a c7 300hp cat engine in it. what can anyone tell me about those engines and the truck in general any and all info eccepted thanks jim s
  2. dieseldr63

dieseldr63 Member

No expert, on this engine model, but check to see if the engine module can be flashed for HP increase/update. Some cannot, especially if they are the lowest HP model, since there is not sufficient hardware in the engine to support the increase in fuel rate/HP. These used to be a parent bore engine (compared to a sleeved model) in years past, so if that is the case, future O/H is only accomplished through overbore and sleeving back down to standard sizes. ($$$$$) Probably difficult, or near impossible, to get a sleeved engine of this displacement. Not sure what powertrain options ford is offering with these. The 8.3 Cummins is outstanding in off highway configurations, but not sure if it can be certified for on highway, or if it is even offered. That's all I can offer, good luck.

BTW, Cat has always at the forefront of the industry with their engines, up till a few years ago, when they stopped manufacturing on highway vehicle engines for emissions reasons. I hear now they are back at it, now manufacturing the whole truck- not just the engine. Haven't got any feedback on these yet. Have fun.