1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Five Hundred - Fuel pump - 2 questions

Discussion in 'Engine, Transmission/Axle & Driveline/Axle' started by Tipit008, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Tipit008

Tipit008 New Member

Hello,

Fuel pump is probably going bad on my 2005 Ford Five Hundred.

First question:
    I can't seem to find a video on a Five Hundred fuel pump replacement. Can the 500's fuel pump be accessed and changed via a panel under the rear seat or do I have to lift the car and remove the fuel tank ?

Second question:
    I've seen compatible fuel pumps for $300 and fuel pumps for $30... I may not buy the very cheapest one, but has anybody tried lower priced fuel pumps for this model ? Are they any good ? Rock Auto has a few for about $100.

Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Marc
  2. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

8f5455cbaceb3db05387919fe2f06bbd[1].png
    I would not go the cheap route buy the assembly
    It looks to me that you have to drop the tank
  3. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

They should good brands in the 100.00 to 212.00 prices
    I'd at least go with one of the better ones
  4. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Yes it is possible to remove the fuel pump module from an access panel under the rear seat. Most of the fuel needs to be removed from the tank before doing this.
    And the chances of introducing fuel vapor inside the vehicle are very high. That vapor will take an extended amount of time to be removed.

Fuel pump price variations likely represent pump only price with disassembly of the module to install the replacement pump. Versus an entire fuel module.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action