1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

For my Dad

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by EODRay, Mar 13, 2018.

1. EODRay

EODRay New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    I recently retired from the Army. 21 years, EOD (Bom Squad). My dad had bought and restored a 1957 Fairlane 500 because it was the first car he ever owned and his favorite. It had some overheating issues and he parked it in his back yard. That was over 10 years ago. Now that I am done fighting wars and have some more time, I plan to fix it back up for him so that he can take my mom (married over 50 years) on some more dates in it while they are still able. It’s not a car that would be my first choice but since it means so much to him, it means a lot to me. I’m sure that I will need plenty of advice from here along the way. It’s not my first car project but it’s my first old Ford project. I promise to search the archives before I post a redundant question that’s been asked a thousand times before. The first order of business was to pick it up at his house in TX and bring it back here to Colorado. Step 1 complete. Step 2 through............TBD. The good news is that the body is pretty straight and it has all the trim pieces. The bad news has yet to be discovered.

Ray F68FBA69-4D35-417D-A120-B8532A7490A1.jpeg 696F4F96-2149-4CEF-B814-8B85DAEB446B.jpeg
  2. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your service
    That looks like a very good 57 to start on
  3. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Welcome to the FFO!

Very nice ride!!! Do create a new thread for the cooling system issue. And as far as mechanical issues, an over heating condition is easier to fix than some other kinds of issues. Lets us know if it is stock or modified and what engine size.