1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Ford (Mercury) Capri for 2012?

Discussion in 'Concept Fords, Future Fords & Rumors' started by Bill Z, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z New Member

I've heard rumors Ford may be working on a new Capri for 2012.

I used to have both the old Euro Capri (1973 V6 slightly modified) and Mustang based (1986 5.0 slightly modified) versions when I lived in the states and would love to see the name continue in a newer version with the same concept (lightweight, good handling, RWD, and good value) and erase the momories of the Australian built FWD lemon from the early 90's.

Now sure how Ford feels, but I'd like to see it perhaps a step below the current Mustang GT in size and stature using a smaller version of the new 3.7 V6 in the regular Mustang. As there is no official Ford Mustang in Europe or here in Australia where I live where fuel is more expensive and V8's are in limited supply and demand, there would be very good market for a car like that in these parts and would not significantly cannabolise sales of the current Mustang if sold in America as well.

If anyone knows anything about this rumor and has some details, please let me know. Thanks.
  2. Zephyrman

Zephyrman Active Member

Haven't heard anything, but it sounds like a damn good idea! Welcome to the forums, by the way
  3. Jonzo77

Jonzo77 Well-Known Member

they should redo the cougar while the mustang has it's current body. that's what the original cougar was...