1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Go "Like New" Instead of "New" To Help with Credit

Discussion in 'Ford Credit' started by robertras, Jun 21, 2011.

1. robertras

robertras New Member

One thing I did to help save myself from credit problems was by not buying a brand new vehicle. Instead, I looked at different Utah Ford dealers, (because I live in Utah, didn't look elsewhere) and got one "like new". They have a few miles on them, but just because of that they are that much cheaper. I think that's always the best route to go. I don't think I'm ever buying brand new, unless I somehow end up with loads of money and have a lot to spare...but that's not happening!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
  2. Pecos Slick

Pecos Slick Active Member

I agree 100% That is why I bought the CVPIs that were in top shape the price was a lot lower than civy Crown Vics and to the bank they just see the Crown Victoria and fork over the dough without hesitation. I would do the same if I wanted a "New Car" which I don't because I don't want a note that will last longer than me:yesnod:
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  3. mark v

mark v Well-Known Member Respected Member

I bought my 2011 Edge cause it ended up being the same price after new car rebates and first time buyer incentives.

I could of bought a 2 year old Edge with 30,000 miles or a brand new Edge with 0 miles on for the same price.
  4. Canuck623

Canuck623 Well-Known Member Respected Member

That's how I ended up with my fleet too Mark. The Explorer was even 0% for the life of the loan. Why use my money when Ford was giving theirs away. Now they are all low mileage one owners all paid for.
  5. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member Respected Member

I agree with the people on both sides of the fence on this issue.

In 99 I got into a brand new '99 crown vic, for less than what a '98 would have cost, and with a 0.7% interest rate loan. I didn't consider a '96 or '97 because they changed the model for 1998. Buying the older model would have instantly "dated" the car.

However for many years, I think, that a 3 year old crown vic, or Grande Marqui was one of the best deals on the planet. They took a heck of a beating in depreciation in those three years. I guess it is because of the buyer's market. Primarily seniors who trade them in for new ones every three years.
  6. Pecos Slick

Pecos Slick Active Member

Well guys a "New Car" to me would be like a 97 TC that looks new and low milage and has had all of its shots.....oops meant maintenance.
  7. 79futura

79futura New Member

yep
  8. 6.02004

6.02004 New Member

Purchased new F150, wish I never did. Wanted to get my credit up hadn't purchased a new car since 2006. Shocked how much the trucks had gone up in price. Purchased a F350 fully loaded in 2004. Purchased for the same price F150 2014 nothing loaded. :(