1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Help 94 f150 4.9L strait 6 misfire and black smoke

Discussion in 'Air Intake, Engine Electronics, Ignition & Exhaust' started by Ethan Thomas, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Ethan Thomas

Ethan Thomas New Member

Just randomly out of no were my 94 f150 just cut off one morning as I was warming the truck it started back immediately and has not died agin but the check engine light is on and truck is misfiring if I compress the gas pedal too hard it won't accelerate it just jerk if I let you press it I can slowly take off in the afternoon the truck drive better than the morning it still start every time with no hesitation I've changed every sensor I could think of that could cause black smoke and misfire and loss of power and don't know what to do here any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
  2. redrag

redrag Member

look for fuel in the vac hose to the fuel rail pressure regulator. the diaphragm could be bad
  3. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

Welcome to the Forum
    Have you went to a place like AutoZone and have the codes pulled from your truck
    that would be a good place to start to find your issue
  4. Dominick 1

Unplug your mass air sensor and see how it reacts
  5. Ethan Thomas

Ethan Thomas New Member

I've replaced the FPR even though I did not see fuel in the vacuum line I've also replaced the maf sensor along with lots of others.. can it be the computer or valve stem seals
  6. Ethan Thomas

Ethan Thomas New Member

They say they can't test it because it's an obd1 but I've tried testing it myself but just got codes for sensors and a faulty ecm but those codes may not have been read correctly
  7. Dominick 1

http://straighttalkautomotive.com/OBD1/ford-OBD-I.html