1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

I have a 1964 fairlane 500 4door sedan factory 4 speed.

Discussion in 'Ford Fairlane' started by Rustmerchant67, May 8, 2012.

1. Rustmerchant67

Rustmerchant67 New Member

Does anyone have any idea how many factory 4 door 4 speed 64 fairlane 500s were made? This car was special ordered by the origional owner in 1963 in muskogee oklahoma. It has the C code 289 2V, 3:25 open diff., power steering, power brakes factory air and lots of little factory accessories. I have the origional Ford registered owner identification ownercard that is dated 12-19-63. I know there was not likely many like it even when they were new. I'd just like to know how many. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks
  2. 66Fairlanewagon

66Fairlanewagon New Member

Old thread I know, but I thought I'd throw a reply in. It's unlikely you'll be able to find out the answer to be honest. For 67 onwards, Marti reports are available which, for the right price, will tell you absolutely everything you want to know about your car.
    Unfortunately, someone hit the 'delete' button (ok, it wasn't a button) but they destroyed all the production records from 66 and before.

Some car groups have built registers to see what is left of cars produced, but it's pretty safe to say you'll never be able to find the info you are looking for sorry.

Cheers
  3. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

+1 for the above and anyone else that reads this.

Kevin Marti of Marti reports is located here in the Valley of the Sun. I have been to his business. The reason he has the data he has is because Ford was throwing away the documents. This is what happened to models years prior to 1967. He has preserved invoices & documents from 1967 and later in a fire proof building. The records are kept electronically as well now so there is some back up. Ford Motor Company uses him as a resource from time to time.

Many many people wish the production documents had been saved from 1966 and earlier. They just don't exist. Kind of amazing of what Kevin has in that building.

http://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action