1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Lincolin, or Cadillac? History lesson

Discussion in 'Concept Fords, Future Fords & Rumors' started by Jonzo77, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Jonzo77

Jonzo77 Well-Known Member

Did you know they were both started by the same man? the Linc's came first because the army commissioned him in WW2 to make V12's for the tanks, but the war ended before he could put them in, so he made a car for them. they didn't sell, until ford bought the brand, and the rest is history. i don't remember why he started Cadillac, but he couldn't sell them either, so GM bought it.

the funniest thing I've read in ford racing literature, is that, Louis Chevrolet started his company in the 20's. even He had realized they were crap, and sold the company to GM so he could race for FORD. He in fact died with only Ford's in his ownership.

Also, the Dodge Brothers started working for Henry Ford, and after making their way around the company, they had enough money, and knowledge to start their own company...
  2. '80monty

'80monty New Member

that is interesting. and the car that got the v12 was the first zephyr!
  3. Jonzo77

Jonzo77 Well-Known Member

yes. yes it was
  4. LByman

LByman New Member

Thanks for the info dew. I only use Ubuntu to sbf so I was not aware of that :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. Dominick

Dominick Well-Known Member Respected Member

Chevy's first v-8 when?
    Engine Of The Day: The Very First Chevrolet V8
  6. FordRanger04

FordRanger04 New Member

Cadillac was the original Ford Company. It was then called the Henry Ford Company. Henry Ford didn't recieve enough investors for his company so he sold it to GM, who changed the name to Cadillac. Henry later started the Ford Motor Company where he had better success in finding investors.