1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

loading heavy load on my 2wd 97 expedition

Discussion in 'Ford Expedition' started by scrambledlife, May 18, 2017.

1. scrambledlife

scrambledlife New Member

Can I load inside of my truck 1200 lbs of tile ? I have changed the air shock long time ago.It's about 1/2 hr ride.ty
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Should be. That is like 6 big dudes riding inside. Depending on the configuration the truck was designed for 7 or 8 passengers.

The GVWR is between 6700 and 7200 pounds depening on engine and axle. (With the stock air suspension) This assumes the drive train, brakes and suspension are in good working order.

The curb weight is about 4800 pounds. Which leaves 1900 to 2400 pounds of load capacity. Again in good working order you could drive all day like that and have enough for pizza and an adult beverage after the trip ws done.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. scrambledlife

scrambledlife New Member

Never thought of that(6 big dudes),lol.Thank you ,if u were in Ga pizza and drinks were on me(my brothers place).
    Action likes this.