1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

need help finding a part - door leveler

Discussion in 'Interiors, Sound & Security Systems' started by aussie jason, Jan 10, 2018.

1. aussie jason

aussie jason Member

hi, i need to buy one of these for the side cargo door underneath. im unsure of what to search for. cant find anything online? any suggestions?
    1988 econoline

door-jam(1).jpg
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

If you are looking for the piece circled it is a door alignment bumper. Meaning it aligns the door at the last moment that it is closing. And keeps the alignment while the door is closed for a good seal of the weather strips.

With that said almost no one selling this is going to call it by that name. Searching for door bumper may generate the best results.

If you van has side and rear double doors there will be at least two on the van. For the door that does not have the door handle on the outside.

In an ebay search I found this. They called it a wedge.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Side-Back-...ash=item56a6ddc120:g:Su4AAOSwQItT5mNy&vxp=mtr door-jam(1).jpg
    aussie jason likes this.
  3. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

The bracket measures about 3" in length. What standard of measurement is used down under??

Metric?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  4. aussie jason

aussie jason Member

we and the entire rest of the planet use metric!! (but all tools and tape measures are still marked with imperial measurements as well)
    yep it's a 3" bracket (2.5" hole to hole) i need - however i just did the old switch-a-roo with a rear top door wedge that was not making contact with the van. i'll see how it goes over the next few days