1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

new power window switch and motor

Discussion in 'Ford E-Series' started by aussie jason, Aug 3, 2017.

1. aussie jason

aussie jason New Member

Hi all

new here. i have just bought an 88 e150 and i am one happy camper. its got a sweet sounding 302 and is in really good condition. ultra rare in australia tho, this one was imported in 2011. we mostly only have f100's and a few bronco's imported here.
    i need to find a new power window switch and motor for the drivers door (left side). can anyone help me out/point me to a supplier?
    its the blue/red style button assembly, with door lock/unlock and 2 window up/down buttons..... looks a bit like Darth Vadar's chest plate!
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Here is a listing for the entire switch assembly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80-81-82-83...ash=item2838afb76f:g:dIEAAOSw9~5ZUXVN&vxp=mtr

If you only need one switch (not all 3) they can be ordered separately. This type of switch was used into the 1991 model year and may have ben used on F Series. The window motor is common as well and can be found on ebay easily.

Welcome to the FFO!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. aussie jason

aussie jason New Member

thanks, that's exactly the part I need! I've done some more research and Ive just ordered a Dorman 742-250 Window Lift Motor. Its not a Motorcraft but it's 5 times cheaper than one for me here in Au! I have decided to get new switches rather than second hand. i'll probably end up with dorman ones too
  4. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Let us know how it works out.

>>>>>>>>>Action
  5. aussie jason

aussie jason New Member

with the faulty switch, what ive noticed is that when the van is wet, water drips onto the switch panel when i open the door. i am going to fashion a cover for the switch panel
    Action likes this.