1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

No fuel filter for 2009 V6 Escape?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Rochev, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Rochev

Rochev New Member

Didn't see anything related to fuel so I posted here. My mechanic was adamant on there not being a fuel filter on my 09 V6 Escape so he didn't replace it. I didn't see it either, is there really not one?
    Its not a flexfuel, it's regular gas.
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

This model may have a lifetime fuel filter in the tank. Look in your owner's manual to confirm. If a lifetime filter it will be listed in the owner's manual or the maintenance manual that goes with the car.

Welcome to the FFO!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. Rochev

Rochev New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't think of that, I'll check the book. I've never heard of an unservicable fuel filter so I was skeptical.
  4. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Technology is changing. And changing rather rapidly.

I do not always agree with the change (like this example) however some of it is pretty awesome.

As a small rant I do not agree with no transmission servicing or permanent automatic transmission filters. (Which is a thing as well) YOU will know that you have a transmission like this as there is NO dip stick to check the fluid level.

A piece of maintenance technology I DO like is sealed wheel bearings. Consumers have not had to re-pack wheel bearings for most if not all cars built in the last couple of decades. This has worked out very nicely.

<>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  5. pkevins

pkevins Active Member Respected Member

FWIW, the only filter for Air and Fuel Delivery in the link below is for the air filter:
    http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2009&m=Ford&mo=Escape#Search

The fuel filter on my son's '99 Accord is integrated with the pump immersed in the tank, so it's not a completely new concept.
    Kevin