1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Reference: Power Steering Assist Fault

Discussion in 'Ford Escape Hybrid' started by Ariel ramerez, Oct 2, 2017.

?

are you experiencing power steering assist fault issues with your Escape

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ariel ramerez

Ariel ramerez New Member

My Ford Escape 2009 started experiencing power steering issues and ended up with NO power steering. I have contacted Ford and they were of no help whatsoever. I then proceeded to contact NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236 and filed a complaint. The agent gave me a complaint number and suggested to contact the Federal Trade Commission at 877 382 4357, which I intend to do when their office opens. From my research this very issue has been recalled for my model & make both in the United States & Canada. My particular model VIN was not part of the recall. I have discovered that I am not alone in this power steering issue boat but Ford has not been proactive. I strongly suggest EVERYONE do the same complaint filings as I firmly believe that Ford - on their own - will not fess up to anything and will provide NO assistance.