1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Stupid Fuel pump!!! hahaha

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tabitha, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha New Member

So I have a 2015 Ford Fusion and when I went to start it the other day it... well... wouldn't start. It was a bit cold out to natural I thought maybe I needed a jump despite the fact my dash and all lights came on and didn't dim but hey, worth the shot, right?

WELL!!! That didn't work. I talk to a friend and he and I both agreed that the fact that it was cranking sounded like it wasn't getting the fuel.

I got it towed home and upon doing some research I realized that I never heard the fuel pump engage. Typically it did when I opened the door. So I dad it towed to Ford and they did some testing and changed out the fuel pump and told me I was all set to pick it up. My husband and I get home and I turn it off after I had parked it in the road but then decided to move it to the driveway. It sorta started and then stalled and then I was back to just the cranking only. Any ideas?
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Welcome to the FFO!

Turning the key on and not cranking engine, can you hear the fuel pump make a sound? It only lasts a second or two.
    How many miles on it?
    Was the check engine light on when you drove the car home?

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. Tabitha

Tabitha New Member

Thanks!!!

The engine cranks but sounds like it not getting fuel. I don't heat the hump of the fuel pump and there are no check engine lights on at all and it has 26k for miles... Really early for a fuel pump issues
  4. Action

On the engine there is a Schrader valve on the fuel rail. If you have a pressure gauge that is where to measure it.

The car is under 3-36 warranty so the dealership would be the place.

And yes, very early for fuel pump issues. Since they have changed the pump and it doesn't start again, I assume the pump is not the cause.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  5. Tabitha

Tabitha New Member

UPDATE! This whole thing was a result of a corroded wiring harness.

Thank you for the info. It is appreciated!
  6. Action

Thanks for posting your result!

Wires and connections are all part of the system and not to be ignored as possible issues.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action