1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

The GREAT Make Ms. American 3.14159 Completely Reliable Caper

Discussion in 'Ford Galaxie' started by JCAllison, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ford4v429

ford4v429 Member

loved that post- really sums up a lot in a nutshell, and yep, the timing is pretty much too much to be coincidence... very cool goals were met with such uncanny precision... dunno if you ever read that long list of stuff i sent a while back about 'too much to be coincidence' that ive ran into... reasoning behind might vary by the person, but i agree, 'things happen when they are supposed to' :) just read thru this whole thread to catch up, havent been on the forums much but always enjoy reading the saga of MsAmerican and all the neat stuff youve pulled off- thumbs up :)
    anyways, its way past my bedtime, gotta get to work in a few hours, but will be eager to check out your new page tomorrow(ok, later 'today') - congrats on all falling into place, keep up the good work :) tim
  2. JCAllison

JCAllison Well-Known Member

Hey Tim,
    Have had a VERY intense last few days, with things happening when they are supposed to. Doors to pathways opened that weren't there before. Things that were thought to be supposed to happen, but just wouldn't, no matter what was attempted, to the point where one began to wonder if maybe something was amiss, or maybe they were NOT supposed to happen, all of a sudden just effortlessly straightened up, and worked as advertised. Am hoping that Ms. American's reliability is one of those things.

There are still a few thing hanging fire, but by the axiom of things happening when they are supposed to happen, it's a matter of patiently awaiting the time, and hoping that everything FINALLY falls into place.

Not complaining here, but all this could have happened MUCH earlier so that there would have been more time to enjoy them, but better late than never.

Am not sure that the instance of which you speak was noticed. Can you find it and give a reference?

The Moody Blues have a line in their song "Nights in White Satin" that says:

"Just what you want to be,
    You will be in the end."

One has to be careful about having something easy that they "want to be", because when one becomes THAT, it's an indication that "the end" is nigh (according to the Moody Blues!). But what do they know? They have another song that says: "I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band!" :)

Another quote from "The Yellow Submarine" movie:

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo,
    So much to do, so far to go!"
    (Beatles)

You and I have somewhat opposite types of schedules. You're to bed late, I'm to bed early. You're up early to work, I'm up early to play! How did THIS happen? :)

Yesterday, tried an experiment using the HTML code from the ISIB Webpage. Used all the same HTML code, but put in different Text, and made a buildable Webpage for both Ms. American, and Lorrie Van Haul. And strangely, the other day, all of a sudden FileZilla (the FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program) just opened up and fell into place making it able to do easy peasy updating of the Websites.

Am going to put up Ms. American's, and Lorrie's websites (hopefully today), and daily add JPGs, with explanations. That should be a fun "open-ended" project that will eventually result in having documented all that has been done to both of the old things.

Yesterday was spent "editing" the Sensatiation Programs, cutting them into individual selections using Microsoft Windows Movie Maker. Ended up with 33 selections that will make it possible to see an individual selection without having to watch the WHOLE Sensatiation Program. Ended the day drained... Talk about sensory OVERLOAD!

Today is going to have to be an errand day. Have to see Tim Bryant at the A Bit Personal Computer Shop.

Have taken The Scorcher off of the DSL Router and connected it to the Cable Router shared with The Scryer, but it won't connect to the Internet.

The reason for doing that is that The Scorcher will run CorelDRAW5, but doesn't have a Printer. The Scryer has a Printer, but won't run CorelDRAW5. So networking them will make it possible to use The Scryer to access the CorelDRAW5 stuff on the The Scorcher, and print it on the NEW Canon PIXMA MX922 Printer.

What printing is hoped for is Business Cards for AllisonWonderland, Sensatiation, Ms. American 3.14159, Lorrie Van Haul, AND the DVD labels for the Sensatiation VideoDisks.

Anyway, weather here has turned chilly. 44 degrees this morning. Cats all wanting to be on the bed where it's warm.

Hope this finds YOU doing well.

Take care.

JC
  3. Coosawjack

Coosawjack Member

Sounds like you're making progress JC and BTW, I really liked your condensed Autobiography!!:) Hopefully an expanded version lies in our future!!??:cool:

Good Luck with the "SENSATIATION" project....sounds like you're in the Home Stretch!!:D
  4. JCAllison

Hey Jack,
    Just got finished chasing down the reason that Ms. American's NEW Webpage wouldn't put up the JPS. Turned out the HTML Document listed the JPGs as .jpg when it should have been .JPG! Didn't know that, but found it.

"Condensed"? Where?

It seems that all the info on what all has gone on is the expanded version! Life is a project in progress. But THAT'S true of everyone. It seems that I'm just the one who likes to type details! :)

Right now, have got some Permission Requests hanging. Have sent them to the people who hold the Copyrights to the music. It may be that they will say "Sure", or they may say "No!", or they may say "Go ahead, but it costs THIS much!" But it may be that because the Sensatiation Programs were done 45 years ago, that they might be "historical", and all the music can be used under the "Fair Use" category.

Anyway, tried to make a hyperlink to Ms. American's NEW Website, but the URL won't go to a hyperlink. BUT, it opens in a Browser. So am going to see if it can be copied and pasted.

www.allisonwonderlandcls.website/Ms. American 3.14159/home02.htm

It can. Have just done it. You can't just click on it, but if you copy and paste it into a Browser, it will come up. Am going to see how to fix that.

JC
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. Coosawjack

Coosawjack Member

Hey JC.......your link above doesn't work......says "NOT FOUND"??o_O
  6. JCAllison

Hey Jack,
    Did you copy and paste it into a browser? Or did you just click on it. It won't work just to click it. There are spaces and "dots" in "Ms. American 3.14159" which won't work as a hyperlink (am going to see how to fix that). BUT if you copy and paste it into a Browser, it worked for me.

Let me try it again to make sure... hang on... Just did it and it works! Try that.

Anyway, enough of this futzing around. Have got to get myself together and get out and about. Will be back later.

JC
  7. Coosawjack

Coosawjack Member

Yep JC...tried every way possible and I get this every time!!:( Screen Shot 11-10-17 at 10.12 AM.PNG
  8. Nite-owl

Nite-owl Member

Hi there,

Copy/pasted. It works!

Mel
  9. 70XL

70XL Active Member

Copy and paste worked for me, too.
  10. JCAllison

Hey Jack,
    Well, two out of three ain't bad! :)

Am going to fix that tomorrow.

But have some interesting news. If you will Google: Sensatiation Then click on the YouTube listing, you can watch the Sensatiation TV Programs. Going to have to do it quickly though because have already gotten a notice that because of copyrighted content, Show Number One has been blocked world wide, but it is still on the list and still plays.

JC
  11. JCAllison

Hey All,
    Noticed that Sensatiation Programs 1 and 3 have been blocked. They are the Moody Blues music. Probably the best to see first would be Program 4.

JC
  12. JCAllison

Hey All,
    Learning how to access YouTube is quite complex. Am trying to get used to it. Here is a URL to the Sensatiation Play List. Hope it works.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sensatiation

Take care.

JC
  13. ford4v429

ford4v429 Member

wow JC - I woulda bet that was some computer generated thing- please tell: how the heck does it work? thought you showed a pic long ago of a keyboard like device, but how does it work? nuts and bolts of it: was it electromechanical (cant even begin to see how) or 'video' generated by some kind of 'test pattern' electronics that can be distorted/echoed, etc... really wild effects- could imagine a wrap around IMAX screen format would really be overwhelming if sync'd with the music like that :) cool stuff- moody blues and pink floyd i always liked - a lot of it because of all the complexity of a full orchestra usually in the mix...
    one of the best 'old school' songs ive seen redone, i'm guessing you might like a lot too- check out this absolutely amazing version of a classic, orchestra and all :)

gotta wonder- will Ms American's secret project have something to do with all this stuff? maybe make a 'commercial' for her like that guy on the news selling his girlfriends old honda did last week- heard he got like a million views, bids to some insane amount over all the hype :)
  14. JCAllison

Hey Tim,
    Seeing as to how those recordings are forty-five years old, one can rule out "computer" generation, because while there WERE computers in 1972, they were not in use by the general population. Which is not to say that there was not some amount of use of electronic equipment used in the making of Sensatiation, but the electronics that were used were only in the recording of the programs, and not in the production of WHAT was recorded.

Actually, it is terribly simple, like a violin is simple. :)

Don't think so, because The Crystalume is NOT a keyboard controlled Instrument. Wouldn't know HOW to even begin to make images like The Crystalume makes with a keyboard.

So to begin with, here are a couple of JPGs of the Crystalume:
    lume0008.jpg

lume0010.jpg
    This is the Mark II model. This is NOT The Crystalume Mark I model that was used to make the Sensatiation Programs. The Crystalume Mark I that was used for recording Sensatiation was destroyed on January 8, 1981 when the house in which I was living burned, destroying almost all of the AllisonWonderland Concert Lightshow equipment.

The Crystalume Mark II was built in March of 1981 at my parent's place in Cherry Valley, California. It included some NEW features that the Mark I didn't have, but in general, it is identical in how it functions.

The only electrical component in The Crystalume is a Spindler Sauppe 1200 SLR Slide Projector with UltraBright Cooling System. Here is what a Spindler Sauppe unit looks like.
    SPINDLER SAUPPE.jpg
    The UltraBright Cooling System consists of a Squirrel Cage Fan which is ducted into the Base of the SLR, and exits out the top of the Bulb Housing, cooling the BRN Halogen Bulb.

The Spindler Sauppe 1200 SLR uses a 1,200 watt Sylvania BRN Halogen Projector Bulb. Here is an image of THAT.
    BRN.jpg
    They used to cost $50.00, and were rated as lasting ten hours. The BRN that is presently in The Mark II has been in it since 1995, and has easily almost a hundred hours of burn time. Just recently, I found a cache of a dozen NOS BRNs which I bought for $7.95 each!

The BRN produces VERY BRIGHT white light that is 3,300 degrees Kelvin, originally intended to be recorded on Television Cameras back in the day. The SLR has some heat absorbing glass between the BRN and Projector's Output Lens.

No. What you are imagining is magnitudes more complex than the reality! :) Tim, it makes me chuckle to even contemplate how what you are surmising would be done.

As previously mentioned, The Crystalume is TERRIBLY simple. What makes it work is the virtuosity of The Crystalumist!

So for a description of how it functions:

The light is produced by the BRN in the SLR, which is housed in the Projector Module of the Mark II. Refer back to the JPGs of the Mark II, you will see a Box on the back end of the Mark II. That is the Projector Module. The little Blue square is access to the SLR's Switches. The hole in the side of the Projector Module is an Air Intake for the UltraBright Unit. The box on top of the Projector Module is the Exhaust which permits the HOT air from the BRN to exit the Projector Module without letting any light out.

The light goes through an f8 Kodak Carrousel Slide Projector Lens, on which are mounted two Soligor PentaLenses.

A Soligor PentaLens is a photographic special effects lens which has five facets. By ganging two of them in tandem, the light coming through the first lens is broken into six beams, and then each of the six beams is broken into six more beams by the second one. This give thirty-six beams of light with which the Crystalumist has to work.

If one looks closely at the Sensatiation Images, one can occasionally see the Soligor PentaLenses as the brightest spot in the center of the image.

The light exits the SLR through the f8 and PentaLenses, then traverses what is called the "Negative Zone". Refer back the the JPG of the Mark II, the middle section of the Mark II is the Negative Zone, and it is accessible by what are called "Light Locks", which are two Black Velvet pieces of cloth held closed together by Screen Door Springs. The Light Locks allow one's Hands to go into the Negative Zone without letting any light out. BTW, the ENTIRE interior of the Mark II is paneled with Black Velvet so as to have no reflective interior surfaces.

The light then goes through the Negative Zone, then through a VexoConvexo Lens (that is a lens that is Convex on both sides, commonly known as a "Magnifying Lens") on the front of the Negative Zone, into the "Positive Zone" which, referring back the the JPG of the Mark II is the "flared" Front Module.

The Positive Zone Module is accessible through the Port in the side. The Port in the top permits one to view the back of the Rear Projection Screen which is on the front of the Positive Zone Module. The Rear Projection Screen is not installed in the JPGs shown above.

So when the BRN in the SLR is burning, there is a beam of light being broken into thirty-six separate beams, traversing the Negative Zone. Some of the beams are going through the ConvexConvexo Lens into the Positive Zone, and hitting the Rear Projection Screen. This produces a VERY BRIGHT spot of light in the center of the Rear Projection Screen, and THAT'S ALL that the Crystalume does!

Have just tried to post this response, but it is much too long. So am going to cut it into two posts and will post the second part in the next post.

JC

Attached Files:

15. JCAllison

Hey All,
    Here is Part Two:

THOSE Beams of light are then manipulated by the Crystalumist using various transparent/translucent/reflective/refractive/diffractive/diffusive pieces of "stuff". Stuff include Glass, Plastic, Crystal, Gemstones, Mirrors, Polished Metal, and etc., which are place into the light beams, and each different piece of stuff makes the light beam do "something".

As a specific example: The "bursts" that are really the most distinctive thing that the Crystalume makes possible are made with Faceted Crystal Balls, EXACTLY the same as were used in The Staff of the Golden Unicorn with the Faceted Crystal Eyes, only MUCH larger. There are Faceted Crystal Balls of up to 3.5" in diameter used.
    View attachment 25865
    BUT, just putting a Faceted Crystal Ball into the beam of light WON'T make a "burst"! So how does one make a "burst"?

Here is the technique to make a CRYSTAL BURST:

With the Left Hand in the Negative Zone, one uses one's fingers to cover the PentaLens so that no light gets out. The spot of light on the Rear Projection Screen disappears! With the Right hand in the Positive Zone, holding a Faceted Crystal Ball close to the Rear Projection Screen, where if the light were coming through it would be in the beam, one then with the Left Hand QUICKLY uncovers the PentaLens to let the full amount of light out, while with the Right hand, one moves the Faceted Crystal Ball quickly away from the Screen toward the VexoConvexo lens, while slowly covering the PentaLenses with the fingers of one's Left hand so that the amount of light diminishes till no light is coming out, and the result of those two actions produces a CRYSTAL BURST! Easy Peasy! :)

Just tried to post this, and it was again too long. So will cut it here and post the rest in the next response.

JC
  16. JCAllison

Hey All,
    Part Three

So let's generalize the "playing" of The Crystalume:

The Left Hand controls the Brightness of the light, and also the Rate of the Brightness simply by covering and uncovering the PentaLenses, BUT it isn't just opening and closing the light. It's "massaging" the PentaLenses with LOTS of VARIOUS techniques, each producing a different KIND of letting the light out!

The Right Hand controls the KIND of image, the SIZE of the image, and the POSITION of the image.

In the Positive Zone, if one is working close to the Screen, the image will be small. If one is working close to the front of the VexoConvexo Lens, the image will be large.

In the Negative Zone, if one is working close to the back of the VexoConvexo Lens, the image will be small. If one is working close to the front of the PentaLens, the image will be larger.

So in actuality what one has is TWO infinitely manipulative volumes through which is being projected a beam of light. How one deals with the light in these two zones makes an image on the Screen that gets smaller and larger, moves radially, and axillary, gets brighter and dimmer, faster and slower, and there is no end to what combination of motions and other function, which ends up making the kind of images that one sees on the screen.

NOW... one last thing... From whence comes the colors?

Color can be introduced in a number of ways. The first place that color can be added is in what is called the "Slide Chain". Refer back to the JPG of the SLR. See the round thing with the Vertical Bars? That is where the Slides are stored. In the Crystalume, there are hand-painted Glass Slides with made with Stained Glass Window Paints. The next place that color can be added is in the Negative Zone using VexoConvexo Lenses with either Stained Glass Window Paints or Theatrical Lighting Gels on them. And the last place that the color can be added is with the Crystals functioning as Prisms and creating Spectral Colors, OR by having colors anodized onto the Crystals, OR by using colored Crystal/Plastic.

But again, it isn't the Crystalume that is making the images. All The Crystalume does is produce the beam of light which makes a spot of light on the Screen. It is the transparent/translucent/reflective/refractive/diffractive/diffusive pieces of "stuff" that make the images, AND it is the Crystalumist that makes the images move.

WHEW! Have never expostulated to this extent on this subject before, and even at that, we've just barely scratched the surface of how The Crystalume is "played". What has just been written, were it to be about a Piano, it would be describing how to play a Piano as: One just has to hit the keyboard with one's fingers! But we all know that there is more to playing a piano than just hitting the keyboard with one's fingers.

Tim, while editing the Sensatiation Programs with Microsoft Windows Movie Maker using a 50" RCA TV Screen as a monitor, the mystical synaesthetic effect just ZAPS one into a "zone". It's like taking a teaspoon of acid when 50 micrograms will make one cosmic! :)

The Moody Blues were the first to use orchestral backing. But they also had Mike Pinder's Mellotron which was orchestral also.

Just tried to post this, but it is too long. Look for Part Four.

JC

17. JCAllison

Hey All,
    Here is Part Four:

Did this. Very nice.

No. Ms. American is a whole other aspect of what goes on here. It's what I do to relax!

Someone did THAT?

Don't know what is going to happen to the Sensatiation stuff. It's starting to get noticed, but not very much so far.

As you may or may not know, there has been quite a bit of music produced here. Am going to put some of it on Our Stage, which is a kind of YouTube for music. Will let you know the URL for that when it is done.

Anyway, am still going to be making DVDs of all the Sensatiation Programs for friends who would like to have them. Have to say that the quality of the images and sounds is magnitudes better on DVD than it is on YouTube.

It's time to go clean up the cat's mess, and get on with the day.

Take care.

JC

PS, Thanks for the response. Was beginning to think that no one was going to comment. :)
  18. Coosawjack

Coosawjack Member

Very interesting and quite advanced for that era........GREAT STUFF JC!!:D
  19. JCAllison

Hey Jack,
    Thanks for the kind words.

Have you seen the vusic makers who are presently plying their stuff?

My friend Tim Bryant at the A Bit Personal Computer Shop was going to show me what is presently out there for comparison. Here is one that he found:

Here is
    Stephen Malinowski's webpage with examples of other motifs of what he does.

https://musanim.com/

This fellow can also be found on Wikipedia!

What you see on his TedTalk program, and on his webpage is what he is doing today. What you see on the Sensatiation Programs was done forty-five years ago!

Anyway, am trying to see how to upload some of the music that has been being made here over the years.

Weather here is dreary. Not cold, but overcast and gray. Am going to be staying in and just cooling it.

Take care.

JC
  20. Coosawjack

Coosawjack Member

I like your stuff better JC......his looks sorta childish to me!!:cool: