1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Wagon tailgate window crank

Discussion in 'Ford Galaxie' started by 66Fairlanewagon, Oct 5, 2016.

1. 66Fairlanewagon

66Fairlanewagon New Member

The car scene is really strong in the area I live, lots of love for Australian fords and GM's. There is solid support for wagons too, growing everyday although lots of people are keen on air bags and lowering and all sorts of mods. I'm trying to keep mine as original (on the outside at least) as possible.

There are lot's of interchangeable parts (running gear, suspension and some basic interior trim and door handles etc) with Aussie fords, and obviously mustang running gear so I'm kind of lucky there, however panels, not so much, and wagon specific even less. I know of only 1 other Fairlane wagon in my state.

I recently wrote an article for FCA too.

IMG_2967.JPG
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

That's a nice lookin ride!!!!

I believe that color is Phoenician Yellow. Or it was in the states.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
  3. 70XL

70XL Active Member

Have you tried a buffing wheel? Maybe with some polishing compounds and a series buffing wheels you could restore the surface? From what it sounds like you're going for, you don't need a perfect piece. It may also be an excuse to buy some new tools, a buffer and buffing wheels, so that can't be too bad.;):D
  4. 66Fairlanewagon

Thanks Action, not too bad for an old girl. No, it's the edit on the photo that makes the colour a look a little different. It was originally Sahara Beige, but has been resprayed in a slightly lighter colour at some point.

That might be an idea to start with. I'm not too sure about metal finishes, so wasn't sure if I could polish this back. The scratches are 'engraved' into the metal so that's what made me think or re chroming. But you're right, new tools always a good thing!!!

Cheers
  5. 66Fairlanewagon

IMG_2596.JPG IMG_2604.JPG
    Action likes this.