Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is my first post and yes it's a cry for help. The Excursion is the only Ford I could possibly imagine owning that gives my Bronco blood any dignity at all. I love it!
This morning it would stall shortly after putting it in gear and the overdrive "OFF" light would flash. I couldn't even get out of the driveway :sad:. Since the truck drinks oil like scotch I figured the tranny fluid had dropped too low. Well all it needed was one quart. I found a few post's on the old site about some very different things people did to solve their problems and intend to tinker with them tomorrow. The Excursion owners site is all but dead w/15 new post's since the new year.
Unfortunately for me i'm broke and can't afford to pay the dealer to throw parts at it. I'm also self employed and the truck is my business partner. I know i'm not alone with this problem, someone please help me get my baby back on the road! 2003 Excursion Limited V10 w/ 140,000 Miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You should have someone pull the codes. I will say that cheaper scan tools may not read transmission codes. When you say stall, do you mean the engine dies or the truck simply won't move?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Yeah if you can get the codes read and repost we may be able to narrow it down. Sounds like the TCC is locking up but without the codes that's just a guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K. I cleaned the battery terminals b/c someone mentioned on the old site that this solved their problem, and replaced a coilpack that had a wire sticking through the boot and was firing into the wall of the head. The engine has been stumbling for some time now but it would come and go. Recently it got a lot worse but hey, i've still got 9 more right :yesnod: :hand:. The problem seems to have gone away for the time being. I did have an odd whistling sound that was intermittent upon first adding the 2 qts of tranny fluid at which point the engine would shut-off as though I had turned off the key. That seems to have stopped for now. The engine idled for 30 min without quitting and I drove it around the block twice. First trip around I took it easy, second trip around I accellerated hard then broke hard the entire time and still no stalling/dying. I'm headed into town now and will post up if any more problems occur. Will I be so lucky that I did not have to pull any codes or throw a bunch of parts at it? I sure hope so. Thanks to all who responded to my post. I do appreciate it and will continue to stop by and contribute to the site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts