Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone remind me where and what after market part I need to look for to replace the little plastic retaining clip on the end of the fuel line (fuel rail) that attaches to the fuel filter?

On my 2003 Ford Expedition - which I've been the sole owner since 2003 - the fuel filter became disconnected from the fuel line suddenly and without warning. When I attempt to run the engine fuel pours out behind the driver seat....$85 and one short tow later to my local Firestone, they said the little plastic clip has apparently worn just enough to keep a good clamp to the fuel filter. Their mechanic zip-tied the fuel line to the fuel filter to give the existing plastic clip more support. He said a second option is to buy the $300 fuel rail that has a new plastic clip on the end of it.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Can someone remind me where and what after market part I need to look for to replace the little plastic retaining clip on the end of the fuel line (fuel rail) that attaches to the fuel filter?

On my 2003 Ford Expedition - which I've been the sole owner since 2003 - the fuel filter became disconnected from the fuel line suddenly and without warning. When I attempt to run the engine fuel pours out behind the driver seat....$85 and one short tow later to my local Firestone, they said the little plastic clip has apparently worn just enough to keep a good clamp to the fuel filter. Their mechanic zip-tied the fuel line to the fuel filter to give the existing plastic clip more support. He said a second option is to buy the $300 fuel rail that has a new plastic clip on the end of it.

Thanks,
Todd
I just checked the Ford catalogue and they didn't show the clip
It may come with a new fuel filter

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts
Usually a replacement filter comes with the clips''

Liquid Automotive lighting Fluid Gas Magenta

Action

Reactions: TBIRD430

·
Registered
570 Posts
Motorcraft fuel filters for the win. Surely this part has been replaced before??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts