Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that replacing this belt is not difficult but what I would like to know is can it be done without putting car on a rack? Doesn't look like a lot of room looking down under the hood. Any hints would be appreciated.

· Registered
8,146 Posts
I have been told that replacing this belt is not difficult but what I would like to know is can it be done without putting car on a rack? Doesn't look like a lot of room looking down under the hood. Any hints would be appreciated.

Inspection

Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation

1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
  2. Remove the 7 pin-type retainers and the RH splash shield.
  3. If equipped, remove the 3 A/C compressor pulley shield retainers and the shield.
  4. Using a suitable belt tensioner release tool, rotate the accessory drive belt tensioner counterclockwise and remove the accessory drive belt.
To install:
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts