Ford Automobiles banner

06 F350 Cruise control not working

19K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  opsuper3 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I did a quick search too see if I could find anything, but found nothing. The cruise control on a 06 f350 super duty does not work. No lights on the dash come on, I cant seem to find the fuse using the online manual. And it does not activate during highway driving.

Any quick fixes?

Thanks in Advance!

#3 · (Edited)
Are you getting power to the cruise control? If not the possibilities are fuse, relay, connection, open wire (e.g. the clockspring wire), or short. If the problem is not electrical look for a mechanical failure, e.g. cruise control connection to the throttle broken or disconnected. There is also the possibility of a problem with one of the "disconnect" switches, eg clutch or brake pedal switch.

#4 ·
Make sure you have brake lights then check the switch on the master cylinder.Make sure it isnt leaking fluid and it should have power on both wires with it plugged in.You didnt mention if you have had the cruise control recall done. It would be either 95s28 or 09s09.

#6 ·
Two more things I thought of is the airbag lamp on and does the horn work ?

#7 ·
I believe that 03 was the last year that the F350 was involved in that recall. Most vehicles stopped in 03 or 04. :)

#8 ·
Add to what phantom said above. The three things that are powered through the clockspring are the air bag, horn, and the cruise control. If two of the three, or all three, are not working the odds are high that the clockspring is the culprit. The clockspring is a ribbon of wires to the three items mentioned and it winds up and unwinds as you turn the steering wheel, like a clockspring. All that bending of the wires can lead to a break in one or more of the wires, You can do continuity testing of the wires with the help of an electrical diagram. Because the air bag is involved it is best to disarm the air bag before doing any electrical testing. The deployment of the air bag is an explosion and should be taken very seriously.

#9 ·
In reply to Skyhawks notice about the cork spring. First my compass quit working and the cruise control stopped working. 2 days later the controls (radio volume, Heater controls) on the steering wheel quite working. Now there are no lights on dash and the airbag light has come on and the service engine lite is now on.
Is changing the cork spring just plug in or how intense of a job could it be. Can you give me a play by play. Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.