Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to replace the spot lights,(i think thats what they called) the lights underneath the outside mirrors. i need to replace the light bulb only.. thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey there INGASU,

I believe you are referring to your Door Mirror Puddle Lamps or Security Approach Lamps.

I don’t recall exactly what they looked like on a Taurus, however, if it is the bottom mounted mirror puddle lamp similar to the picture I have attached, AND if I recall correctly, that lamp assembly is removable, however, because it is a sealed unit you can’t replace just the bulb, you need to replace the entire lamp assembly.

If this, indeed, is the correct style Lamp Assembly for your Taurus, I wouldn’t think that it would be that difficult to replace.

I must apologize as I don’t rightly recall how that particular lamp assembly is removed and replaced – It looks pretty straight forward though and an educated guess would make me think that it is held in place by that black tab and that one could use a small/fine flat head screwdriver to very gently push inward on that black tab and then gently pull down on it to remove it. Then again I could be wrong…..

Perhaps another member more knowledgeable and familiar with Taurus’ will be better able to assist you.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Missinformation, thank u for your reply back... it looks excatly like the picture provided above.... i guess i need to replace the whole part... thnks!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
INGASU, I was happy to help. :)

It has been my experience with cars that it somehow seems to be that the smaller the part is the bigger the price is..... :yikes:

So although, there would be no way to test it for certain, you may want to make a trip to your local scrap/junk yard to see if you could possibly get one there after you get the price from Ford..... :yesnod: Just a thought....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts