Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have an 85 T-Bird elan' Aerocoupe. It was a 5.0L CFI* with that early EEC IV "speed density" logic. It was nice in it's day, but as of this year, in Florida, it qualifies as an "Antique". CFI with EEC IV & Speed density is very antique to me.
My Bird has an 88 5.0L Roller Engine from a low mileage Grand Marquis that came out 2nd place in an incedent with an Oak tree.

88 is SEFI** & tuned port, but still EEC IV - speed density based. However, it's
not difficult to upgrade SEFI Mechanicals to be operated by a MAFS/TP***-EFI, ECM running in the OBD 1" realm. It really wakes a Windsor 5.0L up. It is a game changer. Mine is MAFS/TP-EFI. It is not anything like it was in 1985 with CFI. Performance & MPG are WAY Better than any CFI system could ever approach.
Hope to see you around the forum.
*CFI = Central Fuel Injection often called throttle body injection (that's a GM Term)
** SEFI = Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection
*** MAFS/TP-EFI = Mass Air Flow Sensed /Tuned Port - Electronic Fuel Injection
" OBD I = On Board Diagnostic is the basic program until 1996 when US Law mad it go
to a more universal code set called OBD II ( more complex & less effective
IMHO for several reasons)

CIAO

FBp :thumbsup:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sounds like a GREAT upgrade to me. :thumbsup:

"Arr. Arr. Arr. Arrrr!!" (in my best Tim Allen voice).

·
Registered
684 Posts
Cool, you should do a build thread on this, I'm sure there'll be others interested in this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts