Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the tube running off of the back of the manifold for. Can I replace it?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
are you refering to the one that goes down behind the engine? that would be a road draft tube. pulls fumes out of the engine when the car is moving

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
thats why pcv valves were added. you can retro fit a valve into your car easily, unless you're keeping it all origional

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
starting in the 50s, cars in the L.A. area were retrofitted with pcv by putting a core plug in the draft tube, and drilling a hole in the top where a pcv valve was screwed in. then a hose was added to manifold vacuum

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Reactions: Houch

·
Registered
12 Posts
They only made around 14 months of the PCV valve that took the place of the road draft tube you are looking at. You have a 221 or 260 engine. you need to find (and good luck with this) the three bolt set up that has the pcv valve in it that would pipe directly underneath the carb. You need the spacer that goes under that 4100 two barrel carb. Your best bet is to patrol ebay or if you have a junk yard in your area that may have a few "early" 260's laying around.... RARE!! I'm running a 63 Falcon Sprint with a OEM 260, punched 30 over. Owned the vehicle for 51 years... Any questions that you think in can help, let me know. good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Correct, realized when I typed it, you have 2100. I have 4100 for my Sprint. You should be able to find a spacer for that 2100 and the three bolt-on pcv set up. That actual screw in PCV valve is hard to find. I'm always looking for parts, etc for various reasons. If I bump into one, will let you know. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts