Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1962 falcon station wagon. i am looking at a 1975 maverick that was an original 6cyl car but converted to v8. not sure what has been changed over. my question is......will maverick stock 5lug disc brakes fit my car like the granada and what about the steering linkages (center link).
heard that maverick spindles are the same as granada but not sure of ball joint sizes and center link length.

update:
looks like the maverick spindles are a match for granada spindles. found out that the early mustang lca's will work with the 4 bolt ball joints to this setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mustang lower arms will fit on the falcon but the centerlink is different plus finding the mustang disc setup is hard to do. i found a maverick with 5 lug disc and rear end. its cheap thats why i was wandering what all i could use off of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah ive been looking at falconparts.com. i bought the 75 maverick i was refering to. so we will see how it goes! im not going to post on the other forum anymore so we will see how it goes here. i will try and post some info on my homemade airride set-up if anyones interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well its been a while since i have been on here .... but i figured out that the stock steering can be adapted to the maverick/granada spindle with the bushings from mustang steve, upper 4 bolt ball joints from a 66 mustang and 65-66 mustang lower control arms/ball joints. i am sticking with the 4lug setup for a while longer until i get the maverick 8" rearend ready to go in. then i will install all of it at once. im also working on the geo booster setup just haven't figured out the master cylinder im going to use yet.

I am now going to install a 200ci 6 cylinder/c4 combo. i bought the transmission adapter from falconparts.com and im going to make a shift linkage. I have a 2barrel weber carb for it and i used a 92-95 civic gas pedal with the throttle cable to resolve the carbuerator change. i take pictures of everything so if anyone needs visuals of anything i am doing let me know.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts