1962 Ranchero Owner new to forum | FordForumsOnline.com
  1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

1962 Ranchero Owner new to forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Davbert55, May 20, 2020.

1. Davbert55

Davbert55 New Member

Hi Folks,

My name is Dave Colbert. I live in Belmont, CA just south of San Francisco.

I just acquired a Ranchero project who's previous owner had lost enthusiasm. What attracted me to the project was the unique modifications done to date and the engineering necessary to complete the build. The body and interior are in nice shape. It's mostly straight complete. But, some assembly is required.

Here is the modification I want to bring to a conclusion. The car is now fitted with a Porsche 944 turbo 5 speed transaxle, torque tube and torsion bar rear suspension. It is currently set up with Porsche 944 hubs and rolls on what appear to be wheels from an early 911. I'll post photos once I get the thing on the lift for those who aren't familiar with the suspension and transmission configuration of a Porsche transaxle car. I have owned three Porsche transaxle cars. I'm a big fan of their robustness and handling. Emulating that in the Ranchero is the design goal.

I'll start a build thread once the project gets underway in earnest. This will be a bit of a hot rod build. Considering the magnitude of the conversion, fidelity to Ford design integrity and use of period correct parts will not be central to the theme of this project.

We also own a 2012 F150 Ecoboost (I love this truck), 1987 Jaguar XJS V12, Lola T540 Sports Racer, Prius V and Sienna minivan.

Stay tuned for more.
    Iowan likes this.
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Welcome to the FFO!

Interesting, looking forward to the adventure.

>>>Action
  3. Dominick 1

Dominick 1 Well-Known Member Respected Member

Welcome to the Forum
  4. Iowan

Iowan Well-Known Member Respected Member

Welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.